Filtering Unsolicited E-mail - Microsoft Outlook Express 5.x
Outlook Express can be configured to
filter your e-mail as it comes into your Inbox. You can use this feature to place
e-mail from certain people into specific folders. This feature is especially useful for
filtering out unwanted e-mail.
- From the Tools menu, select Message Rules and click on Blocked
Senders List. The Message Rules window will appear.
- Click on the Add button. The Add Sender window will appear asking you to type
in the e-mail address of the sender who is sending the mail that you want to ignore.
- Type in the e-mail address that you want to have blocked.
- Ensure that the circle next to Mail messages is checked and click OK.
The Message Rules window will appear displaying the e-mail address that you have blocked.
Note: You can use this feature to filter out Mail, Newsgroups, or both by checking
the circle next to the corresponding category.
- To add more addresses to this list, repeat steps 2 - 4 listed above.
- Click OK when you are finished.