Filtering Unsolicited E-mail - Microsoft Outlook Express 4.x
Outlook Express can be configured to
filter your e-mail as it comes into your Inbox. You can use this feature to place
e-mail from certain people into specific folders. This feature is especially useful for
filtering out unwanted e-mail.
- From the Tools menu, select Inbox Assistant.
- Click on the Add button.
- In the Properties window, type in the criteria that you want the incoming messages to
- Under "Perform the following action," check the box next to the action item
that you want.
- Click the folder, person or file that you want to send the matching incoming messages
- To change the priorities by which messages are sorted, click the Move Up or Move Down
buttons in the Inbox Assistant dialogue box.
- To add more to this list, repeat steps 3-6 listed above.
- Click OK when you are finished